We're passionate about doing what we can for the environment. Here are some of the ways in which we do this in the workplace...
- Very, very, little of our business waste - if any - ends up in landfill. We recycle everything. Obsessively! Luckily for us, we have a private recycling company nearby. Our waste is their profit, so we know that nothing we take there gets sneakily dumped in landfill. At the same time, we're supporting a local independent company that's helping to reduce the impact on the planet's resources.
- Whilst recycling is great, getting more than one use out of packaging before recycling is even better. We re-use packaging when we can, so your order might turn up in a pre-used box. That said, our requirements for pre-used packaging outweighs a limited supply, so we're increasingly having to use new packaging. Please re-use or recycle as much of our packaging as you can.
- For all toy orders, we use acid-free gift tissue paper to line your order's box and to wrap your toys, so you know they're kept clean and well protected on their way to you, without using plastic wrapping or excessive packaging.
- Almost all of our stock is sent to us in plastic bags. That's not ideal, but it does protect the toys from any airborne pollutants, moisture and any potential mishaps whilst in transit and whilst they're in suppliers' warehouses. We remove and recycle the plastic bags when we process your order.
- All of our office's electricity comes from 100% renewable sources.
- We have photo-voltaic roof panels installed to harness solar energy. The energy these collect goes to the National Grid as a supply of renewable energy.
All of the above forms part of our Terms and Conditions.